7.14.2005

Life as I knew it

Ok. It's simple. Life as I know it is about to change dramatically. After three years I'm leaving my job at the paper to move 3992 kilometers (2481 miles) from Bogota to New York City. (That's the reason for the post in English. Gotta work on my typing.)

Right this minute, I'm finishing a zillion small and annoying things for the paper and in a while I'll pack my desk inside a carboard box and head home. Tomorrow I'll be here 'till noon, then I'll split. The 26th is my flight, leaving at 3 p.m. from BOG, stopping for who knows how long at SJO and arriving, close to midnight if I'm lucky, at JFK. The nice part, I'm sleeping in West Orange, NJ. It's only a two-hour ride with the three bags that hold my belongings. All of them.

Then I'll move to my SHARED BEDROOM!!! in Manhattan, at Riverside Drive and 109th, some 8 blocks from the university. Class for international students starts August the 3rd and actual classes begin the 8th. I'm freaking out cause I have SO MANY things to do and no time to do them...

I'm nervous and excited and I have to get back to work before time runs up today. I am working on a piece about the pope saying Harry Potter books have "subtle seductions," capable of corrupting young Christians, according to The Times. I'm glad this guy has nothing to do with God (whomever she is).

OK. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, Rodrigo, I can only wish you Good Luck, and I will be looking this blog, in order to have some news about you. I hope you consider me something close as a friend, because I thing you are kind of a friend to me. At least, when I use to work with you, I knew you were going to be great at it. So I guess this pad you have choose is going to lead you to it. Once again, Good Luck. I hope to see you any time in the future.