12.13.2004

49 + things

1. I studied 4 years of Music and didn’t graduate
2. I have a B.A. in History and I don’t work as a historian
3. I was about to marry and I didn’t
4. I get payed for visiting museums and art galleries and for reading books
5. I cry quite easily
6. I have more girl friends than guys
7. I talk with almost all my former girlfriends
8. Eight is my favorite one-digit number
9. I won the first poetry contest I ever entered, when I was 17
10. I have won only one poetry contest
11. I am a declared fan of Paul Auster
12. I wish I had written The Neverending Story
13. I don’t believe in bad luck
14. I believe in good luck
15. The glass is half empty: I’m not a pessimist, just a beer-lover
16. I like reading in the park
17. I used to like to walk in the rain, but now I’m too old
18. I’m 29
19. I check my blood for HIV once a year
20. I used to think life was no good without Friends and Mad About You, but then I moved from my parents' house and ran out of money to pay for cable
21. Life is no good without reading
22. Life is good
23. Of all the foreign cities I have ever visited, I always wished I could come back and live there sometime. Except for Sao Paulo, Brazil
24. I live in Bogotá, Colombia
25. I work for a newspaper
26. I love my job
27. I am a lucky person: I have had the chance to speak with Ryszard Kapuscinski, Paul Auster, Sebastiao Salgado, Edward Docx, Alfredo Bryce Echenique, Antonio Caballero, Richard Blair, Fontanarrosa, ministers, presidents, artists, guerrillas, paramilitaries, doctors, beggars, judges and I have learned a lot from them
28. The person I have learned the most from is my father
29. I’ve been in love four times (I'm working real hard on number five) (I am in love, make that five times)
30. I have visited twelve countries on four continents, all in the past ten years
31. I’ve never been to Miami
32. I’ve never gotten into a real fight
33. I loved The Fight Club
34. Edward Norton is my favorite actor
35. I think Guernica, by Picasso, is the most important painting of the 20th century
36. I had some really lousy teachers in college
37. I’d like to know how to golf
38. I don’t ever want to see Troy (Already saw it, check number 29)
39. I believe Lady Macbeth is the meanest woman ever
40. I wanted this list to be of 100 things
(... July the 20th, 2004 ... )
41. I'm deeply in-love with Julieta Venegas, a Mexican rock star. You should see her in the video of El listón de mi pelo, a cover she sang with Pau Dones from Jarabe de Palo for the movie Asesino en serio (something like Serious Killer)
42. Henry Ate is a wonderful band. They're from South Africa
43. U2 is the best band ever. In English
44. Everybody should do some kind of martial art. Girls who do have great tummies
45. The best music in Spanish is made by Argentineans, Spaniards, Mexicans and Colombians
(... September the 6th, 2004 ... ) (see number 29)
46. I'd like to teach at least for a year in my high school and in my college
47. The adagio of Samuel Barber's quartet is one of the nicest pieces of music
48. I'd love to have white over red by Mark Rothko
(...December 13, 2004...) (see numbers 11, 29 and 38)
49. Before the end of the year I'll publish two short stories in this blog.


4 comments:

La Rojas said...

Creo que soy la unica fan de tu blog, pero que priviligio porque esta buenisimo!!!!

Espero con ansias las siguientes 60 cosas....

Dos preguntas: ¿cuales cuatro continentes? y ¿quien es la cuarta?

Anonymous said...

Rodrigo, you are very cute. Que pasa con la foto? Maria

Anonymous said...

It seems you're not getting my emails, so I'm posting here in desperation...albeit well-entertained desperation, after reading what you've got here. Will tell you more if we can ever make contact...maybe send your number to my email and I can give you a call? Hope we can be in touch soon! Floruja

Anonymous said...

PS from Floruja: I have a strong lead on a US magazine assignment for you. Got the editor VERY interested in you...meet me in MSN or send me your phone number!